We picked a name for the little man. Michaela was voting for Maracas (please do not ask where she came up with that one. I was just glad it wasn't diaper), and even though it sometimes seems like she's in charge at our house, she isn't so (really she isn't. Stop rolling your eyes!)...the baby's name is going to be Seth Peter. It came down to Seth or Zachary, but Peter said everytime he pictured a Zachary all he saw was "a white haired Jewish guy" (don't ask me!) so we decided on Seth.
Tuesday, May 20, 2008
It has been so long since I posted anything, and I know that some of you want new pictures and I promise I will work on it. But, instead of doing something useful (ie. clean the house, post those pictures, etc.) I filled out the following...
20 years ago I...
1. Played almost everyday in my friend Misty's basement that is until we moved
2. moved to Troutdale, Oregon because my Dad got a job with the Portland Police Bureau
3. Escaped from the first grade and told my Mother I was never going back. She had to sit with me for three weeks to get me to stay.
10 Years ago I...
1. was about to finish my junior year of high school.
2. was on the Stake Youth Conference committee.
3. was dead set on going to any college but one run by the church. "Unfortunately" I ended up at Ricks college! :)
5 Years ago I...
1. got married.
2. became an Army wife
3. watched my husband go to Iraq
3 Years ago I...
1. bought a house
2. had a dog named Moscow
3. had a one and a half year old who entered her terrible twos! Do they ever end?
1 year ago I...
1. went back to Rexburg for the first time in four years and realized just how much I missed it.
2. had a husband in Iraq
3. read a total of 72 books and 22,000 pages.
So far this year I have...
1. been pregnant for six months.
2. decided to try and start my own "crafting" business.
3. put our house on the market.
1. went to Walmart.
2. tired to keep the house picked up but failed miserably!
3. made dinner.
1. ate an entire grapefruit.
2. picked Michaela up at preschool
3. tried, and failed again, to keep the house clean.
1. take Michaela and Maddie swimming
2. get a new Army ID card
3. try and finally scrapbook or cross stitch. I think that I have given up on the house! :)
In the next year, I plan on...
1. moving (hopefully in the next month or so)
2. having a baby (by August 16th)
3. working on my business (anyone want to buy some really cute homemade birthday cards?)
Posted by The Gokey's at 1:47 PM
Tuesday, April 8, 2008
Peter got certified on the rock climbing wall at one of the gyms on Fort Lewis a few weeks ago so now he can take Michaela rock climbing. She is actually quite good at it. She says that she is "scared" but then she just about shimmies up to the top of the wall. Here are some pictures of the first time that she went. I will also include the link to look at the rest of them.
Posted by The Gokey's at 1:56 PM
Monday, April 7, 2008
BOY! Imagine my excitement! My hunch was wrong! Yippee! I have wanted a boy since...well, as long as I can remember. We went to my parents for the day on Saturday. While we were there I went through tubs of Michaela's baby clothes to see what was was unisex and I kind of got sad because her clothes were so stinkin' cute (but 3/4 of them were GIRLY)! Oh well, I'm having a boy!
Posted by The Gokey's at 10:16 AM
Friday, March 28, 2008
We have taken a ton of pictures over the last few days/weeks. Here are the links to look at them.
Posted by The Gokey's at 5:18 PM
Saturday, March 22, 2008
Which one of y'all voted for Sharmaine!?! Have you lost your mind!?! :) Thanks for all the votes. My favorite is being beaten out, but oh well I still get the finally decision, right?!? I guess Peter gets an opinion too. I would be interested to see who voted for what, so if you want to tell me please do so. I have my ultrasound on the 3rd of April so we'll find if the baby is healthy and whether or not it is boy or a girl. I am beginning to think it is a girl. No particular reason, just a hunch. All I know for sure is that I have heartburn (and I mean nasty heartburn) all day everyday. Plus the Miss says the baby is girl because she wants a baby sister, not a baby brother. She also says the baby's name is Rose, but if it is a boy his name will be Diaper. The baby, when it grows up will be the big sister and Michaela will be the little sister. The poor thing wants a big sister so bad!
Posted by The Gokey's at 11:52 AM
Wednesday, March 19, 2008
So, I tried to do something nice for a stranger today and boy did it bite me in the behind. I was driving back from running errands in Spanaway, which is about 45 minutes from where I live. I had been on the way back for about 5 minutes when I saw a girl waving frantically from the side of the road. I had Michaela and Jameson (a friend) with me so normally I wouldn't have stopped but back in December when my clutch went kaput on the side of a busy road NO ONE stopped to see if I needed help. I felt bad for the girl so I pulled over. She walks up to my window and says that she ran out of gas trying to get to her friends house. She can't remember where he lives (she has a vague idea "it's about five minutes from here"), does not have a gas can, nor does she have money for gas. I tell her that I will take her to friends house so that he can help her. We drive 20 minutes up the road only for her to tell me that we passed the turn off to his house five minutes ago, or so she thinks. At this point in time I can picture myself pulling over and pushing her out of the car. Michaela thought it was an adventure, but poor Jameson kept saying "I want to go home. My Mommy misses me." We take the turn-off and drive ten minutes down the road before we find the correct street. We drive five more minutes into the woods, and I think "We are all going to be killed." Eventually we come across the friends house and low and behold... no one is there. She finds a milk jug to put gas in and I drive fifteen minutes, back the way we came, to a gas station. She overfills the milk jug with gas but luckily has the smarts to go in and get a bag to put it in. That sounded meaner than I meant for it too. :) Then we back track 20 minutes and leave her at her car. Forty-five minutes later we arrive at home more than a hour and a half after I wanted to be home. James is never going to want to go anywhere with us again, and Michaela keeps asking where the girl in the blue shirt is.
Posted by The Gokey's at 7:38 PM